Got the bigger, blacker box today in the mail. My cat was thrilled
Poster kitty for “Cats Against Humanity”.
statues in ancient Greece and ancient Rome were usually brightly painted — but by the time they get dug up the paint has eroded leaving the white marble ancient statues are known for today
That horse looks like he’s saying “Holy crap! You just killed that guy! Dude!”
Half-Drow Elf Ranger: “I want to get paid!”
Major of Mineville: “We’ve been over this! You’re not getting paid you’re getting a live size statue of yourself from Sculpturetown!”
The Minevillian economy uses statues for currency much like the giant stone wheels used on the island of Yap. Despite the fact that the Mayor of Mineville claims that they pay adventures not just in life-sized statues, but in immortality, the exchange rate between Minevillian statues and other currencies is atrocious.
Blame Merri and his brainstorming about Merri’s forcefields.
- Decompression sickness: you can remove it from yourself or inflict the Bends on someone else
- Decompression injury: ever seen what happens when a decompression chamber decompresses hyper-rapidly? Ever seen what happens to meat getting pushed through a grinder? Same thing
- Soundless movement: sound travels on waves through the air. Remove the air, remove the sound. Alternatively, be the life of the party as you make your voice sound like it’s on helium or Xenon
- Immediate extinguishing of fire via air depletion
- Shockwaves via extreme compression and decompression of air; the higher the difference in pressure, the greater the potential for blast injury; see “decompression injury”
- High altitude travel: just bring more air to your head
- Low-altitude travel: just push it away
- Reduction of injury from high-altitude falls: creating an upward draft to reduce fall rate; vice versa, increase fall rate beyond average terminal velocity via removal of air molecules and air friction
- Wind erosion
- Poisonous gases mostly ineffectual via repulsion of gases with oxygen-rich air
- Hold your breath for insane amounts of time
- Possible underwater travel depending on depth and duration
- Pull oxygen from the dirt after being buried alive
- Possibly pull oxygen from the water?
- Supersaturate a small area with oxygen to create a stupid-huge explosion when an ignition source is introduced
- Hypersensitivity to changes in air currents, such as bodies moving around or someone breathing nearby
- Non-contact Heimlich maneuvering
- Possible resuscitation via oxygen saturation of the blood to the brain; highly advanced with a high potential to kill via too much oxygen saturation
Not to mention the more obvious potential abilities of flight and depriving an opponent of air to breathe and weather phenomenon.